Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shiyao Zhang's midterm reflection

In this semester, I have to finish a webtext in this period. From the beginning, I chose technology as my subject to analyse. Then, I selected distance learning as my main topic in this semester. In the meantime, I considered that the audience should be specific. Therefore, I selected the students who plan to take online courses in the future as my audience. This phase is a little bit difficult because the audience cannot only be students in the schools and so on.

From the purpose part, I considered that the purpose is to analyse the style of distance learning and its feedback, even the impacts of distance learning. In the first current event, my friends took online courses before and he wanted me to make an attempt to take distance learning in the future. For the second event is that distance learning has become a crucial part in education system since it appeared. Thus, facing these two events, I began to research about the style and feedback of distance learning. Having posted discussion, I have learnt how to analyse rhetorical situation and use the certain prompt in my webtext.

What's more, during the period of discussion, I developed some ideas that could improve my webtext. For example, the  method of finding sources and how to cite by using APA format helps me to support my opinions. And I thought that my writing journals were really helpful to me, which helped me to combine my ideas together and taught me how to check accuracy of sources after several practices. When posting journals, I had difficulties about find sources. After being taught about Library searching, I learnt a lot because the most of them were credible through steps for checking their accuracy. For field research, I considered that a survey was important and I prepared to use the method of survey.

Moreover, having analysed the articles about rhetorical situation, I learnt how to use it in my webtext. Last but not least, having seen some samples from several students' work in the previous semester, I learnt the font and color is important. Two weeks ago, I preferred to choose colorful background and text as my visual text part, in order to decorate it well. After that, I totally changed because I knew that it's hard for people to read my webtext. Thus, I select white background and black texts as my visual text part.

For the media part, I would find out the picture about the sample of using distance learning and the picture with the satisfaction from students while taking online courses. Additionally, I will insert the pictures in the certain part to make my webtext better.

No comments:

Post a Comment