Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shiyao Zhang's HW Week3(B)

Main point sentence: Recently, distance learning brings out a huge impact to univeristies.

As far as I know, distance learning has become a new way of studying. Universities have used this kind of educational program increasingly. The reason why I'm interested in this topic is that having heard some friends who consider that online courses were great and they improved a lot by distance learning, I begin to consider whether to take online courses or not. Thus, before taking it, I have to do some research to know about them deeply. On the other hand, I believe that many students prefer to use an attempt to study in a new way due to being tired of traditional education methods. For example, some students may think that they will achieve in a new learning way. Those also think that it's convenient that they can stay wherever they want while learning online courses. What's more, they cannot be bothered by time owing to their busy schedule. As for teachers, I believe that teachers will also feel convenient. Moreover, teachers can easily interact with students in anytime. In the meantime, students also can study together online by sharing experience.
Preliminary conclusion:Having done some research for my topic, I have found information about distance learning, as well as the impact of distance learning. A specfic article showed that distance learning is a convenient learning style including computer-mediated interaction and exisitence to all respnoses from students and professors (J. Godwin,  Stephen, &  Thorpe,  Mary S., & Richardson,  John T. E.,2007).However, I still have no idea to figure out some questions, such as the teaching method between traditionallearning and distance learning.

3 comments:

  1. Off to a good start with your proposal introduction. Be sure to look again at the samples of the proposal so you'll get more of an idea of what to include in yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Professor. Can I change it before the class?

      Delete
    2. You don't need to. I wanted you to look at the proposal samples so you could get started writing yours in your Google site on the page you created titled Proposal.

      Delete