Sunday, March 18, 2012

Shiyao Zhang's research protocol

For conducting field research, conducting a survey is the best way for the topic of distance learning. The reason is that a survey can reflect the feedback from students who have take online courses before. Therefore, I decide to survey students in the Purdue University Calumet. Moreover, I will survey them in the library where includes various students on campus.

The reason for a survey is to help me understand more about distance learning and know about students' preference that can directly affect the future of education system. From my webtext, I still need more information from students, especially the feedback.

In order to conduct a great survey, I will separate students by the first question, "Have you taken online courses before?". If they tried distance learning before, they will answer the multiple choices about distance learning's feedback and future. On the other hand, if they did not take it, they can answer other questions from their friends' advice and they can also write down the preference of taking online courses in the future.

After this research, I will definitely learn a lot about distance learning, especially the current plan in the Purdue University Calumet. After that, I can also fill all new information into my webtext and my podcast. This is a great way to strengthen my opinions and to improve my these two projects. Last but not least, I can know the popularity of distance learning in the Purdue University Calumet. Thus, I will make an attempt to take online courses in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Very good ideas Jason. Knowing how other students react to online courses will help you make the point about whether or not distance learning courses are beneficial for students and whether these couses should expand to meet the needs of students here at PUC.

    ReplyDelete